Don’t Be Silly COUNTING and ART QUIZ.
1. How many pictures of mice can you find in the picture book “Don’t Be Silly?” Include the cover and ALL the pages. Include pictures of mice within the pictures which characters in the story might have made (hint, don’t forget to check pockets)
2.What differences can you spot between the double title page (pages 1 & 2, left side), and the last picture page in the book? List eight main differences, and compare notes if you are sharing this quiz.
3. The Milkmaid by Johannes Vermeer is a famous picture. What are the two biggest differences between the original painting, and the picture on the double title page that copies it?
4.There are nine pictures of sheep in the book “Don’t Be Silly”. (including the cover). Can you spot them all?
5. There are two bells shown in the book. Can you spot them both? And who rings them?
6. How many pictures of hats or head wear can you find in the picture book “Don’t Be Silly?” Include the cover and ALL the pages. Wigs, haloes or weird hair styles do not count. Do not count where hats could be hair (Hint: there are three crowns)
7. How many pictures of hens can you find in the picture book “Don’t Be Silly?” Include the cover and ALL the pages
8. There is one fish in the story. Can you spot it?
9. There are 10 types of animal in the story “Don’t Be Silly. Can you list them all? HINT: One can only be found in a painting, and three of them walk on two legs! And one of those three you might forget to include.
10, Where does the cat on pages 13 and 14 (where the children dress up) get the glasses from?
11. In the big gallery spread there is a secret hidden in one of the paintings. Can you do some detective work to find out what it is? HINT: it echoes something that happens later on in the book